Friday, November 24, 2017

Yummy Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad. However, it does take a lot of work to make it if you want to eat it on the spur of the moment. You have to cook the chicken and then chop it. Next you would hope you had onions and celery on hand. After chopping them up and perhaps crying a bit from the onions, you could mix it together with the mayo and then add your seasonings.


Just a few minutes ago I was hungry for something quick but nutritious. I thought of my new freeze dried food ingredients waiting to be experimented with. So I got out my cans of freeze dried chicken cubes, celery, onions, and mild chopped green chili peppers. I refreshed them each in a separate bowl so I could show you folks what they look like before and after re-hydration. However, when you are throwing all the ingredients together in a specific recipe, you can re-hydrate all the food items together. It only took 10 minutes at the most for the ingredients to re-hydrate and to mix them together and add salt and pepper. I thought it was delicious! I am posting several photos of before and after and then I will add a video from Linda's pantry ( my mentor) which demonstrates her version of the chicken salad.





The chicken salad was DELICIOUS! Now here is Linda's version from Linda's pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheesy Fluffy Scrambled Eggs